Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thing #12: Social News Sites

Not too impressed with these sites.    Mixx & Reddit are just plain ugly. Newsvine is slightly more attractive, but the content isn't interesting.    Digg is slightly better but not much; at least some of the articles were of interest.
Stumbleupon - naagh.

I still receive a newspaper at home and prefer to get my news from something more traditional.   If I didn't go with a newspaper, I'd visit local news web sites.  I use CNN for national news.  I also like Google News; it's interesting to see top news stories covered by a variety of news sources around the world.

The social news sites in Thing #12 are junky in my opinion.  They're filled with more trivial stories that may be interesting at times (I occasionally read them based on the headlines) but I really don't have much time for many of them.  I think they're time wasters for the most part. 

I don't really see much use for them in libraries.

No comments: