Sunday, April 6, 2008

Thing #19: Podcasts

Wow! In a short time, I created a podcast! It's a mystery book talk with 4 mystery series that have romance included.  It was created with GCast and was recorded over the phone.  Excuse my voice, which isn't the best, and the poor quality (it's my first try at a podcast).  


Subscribe Free
Add to my Page

Last fall, I subscribed to some podcasts on money (such as The Dave Ramsey Show) and various Mac and technology topics. I haven't had that much time to listen to all of them, but occasionally I go into iTunes to pick up my subscriptions there.

I looked at the podcast directories listed in 23 Things, but I prefer to use iTunes. I like iTunes' podcast covers. The covers look really nice and colorful and so many catch my eye. iTunes lists podcasts by topic and also by provider. Last fall I subscribed to podcasts on knitting (even though I don't knit!), cooking and country living. I ended up deleting them since I just don't have time. However, since iPod Shuffles have dropped in price to $49, I've considered buying one sometime and loading the podcasts onto them for replaying when I have a few minutes here or there. I don't have any interest in using an iPod for music, just podcasts. iTunes lists so many interesting-sounding podcasts (gardening, yoga, etc.) but there are never enough hours in the day to listen to them all. I would imagine that they vary in quality as well.

1 comment:

lybarygrl said...

Great Job - Much more useful than my pathetic attempt at humor. You're always so practical and I'm pretty much just silly.
Keep going only 3 more things!!!
Lybarygrl